Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
A bright 'idea' from DOT
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 6:00am EDT
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says an online community called "IdeaHub" is designed to let all of DOT's 55,000 employees collaborate with each other.
"With IdeaHub, a Federal Aviation Administration employee in Alaska can offer suggestions about an idea by a Federal Transit Administration worker in Atlanta or vote on an idea by a Federal Highway Administration employee in Arizona," LaHood said in a blog post in early August.
DOT leaders are using the tool to pose thought-provoking questions to employees. LaHood says the first is: "How can DOT help you do your job more effectively?"
"And, believe me," LaHood tells Government Computer News. "The ideas are already pouring in."