Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
A bright 'idea' from DOT
Tuesday - 8/3/2010, 6:00am EDT
Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood says an online community called "IdeaHub" is designed to let all of DOT's 55,000 employees collaborate with each other.
"With IdeaHub, a Federal Aviation Administration employee in Alaska can offer suggestions about an idea by a Federal Transit Administration worker in Atlanta or vote on an idea by a Federal Highway Administration employee in Arizona," LaHood said in a blog post in early August.
DOT leaders are using the tool to pose thought-provoking questions to employees. LaHood says the first is: "How can DOT help you do your job more effectively?"
"And, believe me," LaHood tells Government Computer News. "The ideas are already pouring in."