Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Obama fills key posts in State, Energy
Wednesday - 11/30/2011, 9:35am EST
Federal News Radio
President Obama said he intends to nominate key posts in the departments of State and Energy, according to a White House release.
Frederick Barton will be nominated for the assistant secretary for conflict and stabilization operations and coordinator for reconstruction and stabilization at State. Barton is currently senior advisor to the Secretary of State. He was previously co-chair of a working group on at the United States Institute of Peace, co-chair of the Princeton Project on National Security's Working Group on Reconstruction and Development and an expert adviser to the Iraq Study Group and the Task Force on the United Nations.
Obama will also nominate Dr. Arum Majumdar for the under secretary of Energy. Majumdar is currently director of the Advanced Research Projects Agency-Energy. His research has focused on the science and engineering of energy conversion, transport and storage.