Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Food workers at Smithsonian strike over wages
Friday - 7/12/2013, 8:53am EDT
Organizers say the workers plan to protest Thursday outside the National Air and Space Museum and march to the Smithsonian Castle.
The workers are employed by McDonald's Corp. and Restaurant Associates, which operate museum restaurants on the National Mall. Organizers say the strike includes restaurant workers from the National Museum of American History and the space museum.
This is the latest in a string of protests by service workers at federal buildings.
Workers are submitting a letter to Smithsonian Secretary Wayne Clough calling for higher wages and paid holidays that other workers receive. They cite the Smithsonian's $30 million in profits from business units.