Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Food workers at Smithsonian strike over wages
Friday - 7/12/2013, 8:53am EDT
Organizers say the workers plan to protest Thursday outside the National Air and Space Museum and march to the Smithsonian Castle.
The workers are employed by McDonald's Corp. and Restaurant Associates, which operate museum restaurants on the National Mall. Organizers say the strike includes restaurant workers from the National Museum of American History and the space museum.
This is the latest in a string of protests by service workers at federal buildings.
Workers are submitting a letter to Smithsonian Secretary Wayne Clough calling for higher wages and paid holidays that other workers receive. They cite the Smithsonian's $30 million in profits from business units.