Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Acting head named to Small Business Administration
Tuesday - 8/20/2013, 4:08pm EDT
NEW YORK (AP) -- An official in the Small Business Administration has been named acting head of the agency.
Jeanne Hulit, the SBA's associate administrator in its Office of Capital Access, will take over from current SBA Administrator Karen Mills when Mills leaves her post later this month. A search for a permanent successor for Mills is continuing.
Mills announced Hulit's appointment in a memo to the SBA staff that was released by the Washington-based agency's spokeswoman, Emily Cain.
Hulit's office oversees the SBA's loan programs for small business. She has also served as a regional SBA administrator.
Mills, who announced in February that she planned to resign, said last month she would leave at the end of August. It's not known when a permanent successor will be named.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.