Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Senate confirms Obama's chief counsel for advocacy nominee
Monday - 11/21/2011, 12:26pm EST
Federal News Radio
Dr. Winslow Sargeant will be the new chief counsel for advocacy of the Samll Business Administration.
The Senate confirmed Sargeant today as President Obama's nominee for the position.
SBA's Office of Advocacy "advances the views and concerns of small business before Congress, the White House, the federal agencies, the federal courts and state policy makers," according to the department's website.
Sargeant has been serving as chief counsel since August of 2010 under a recess appointment. Under his leadership, the office has held more than 40 round-table discussion with small businesses, according to an SBA release.
"It is inspiring to witness this country's entrepreneurial spirit and it is an honor to represent small businesses every day," Sargeant said in a statement. "I would like to thank President Obama, the Senate, and the small business organizations and entrepreneurs who have supported my nomination."
Previously, Sargeant was managing director at Venture Investors, LLC, in Madison, Wis., providing seed money to health care and IT companies.