Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Senate confirms Obama's chief counsel for advocacy nominee
Monday - 11/21/2011, 12:26pm EST
Federal News Radio
Dr. Winslow Sargeant will be the new chief counsel for advocacy of the Samll Business Administration.
The Senate confirmed Sargeant today as President Obama's nominee for the position.
SBA's Office of Advocacy "advances the views and concerns of small business before Congress, the White House, the federal agencies, the federal courts and state policy makers," according to the department's website.
Sargeant has been serving as chief counsel since August of 2010 under a recess appointment. Under his leadership, the office has held more than 40 round-table discussion with small businesses, according to an SBA release.
"It is inspiring to witness this country's entrepreneurial spirit and it is an honor to represent small businesses every day," Sargeant said in a statement. "I would like to thank President Obama, the Senate, and the small business organizations and entrepreneurs who have supported my nomination."
Previously, Sargeant was managing director at Venture Investors, LLC, in Madison, Wis., providing seed money to health care and IT companies.