Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Sevatec awarded $168 million OPM contract
Thursday - 6/26/2014, 4:29pm EDT
By Dena Levitz
Federal News Radio
High-technology services firm Sevatec was awarded a major contract by the Office of Personnel Management to handle Learning Management System support services.
The contract is a five-year, single-award blanket purchase agreement, according to an announcement by Sevatec. The deal stipulates that the maximum value for the agreement is $168 million.
Formerly known as GoLearn, OPM's USA Learning® Program Office supports the Government Online Learning Center and e-Training Program across four distinct areas: Integrator, IT Security, Hosting, and Help Desk Services. The main purpose of the program office is to provide a variety of web-based training opportunities to government employees. The training spans from academic to executive to organizational development subjects.
Under the terms of the contract, Sevatec will solely support the Integrator service area which includes LMS Services; Learning Content Management Systems (LCMS) Services; Course Development; Project Management (PM) Services; Implementation, Customization and Integration Support Services; Technical/Training Consulting and Change Management; Transition Planning and Services; and, Organizational Needs Assessment.
Sevatec, which has been in existence for 11 years, has supported OPM's educational and training objectives for the past nine years, the company says. Over this time Sevatec has implemented Learning Management Systems for over 30 OPM clients and delivered LMS-related services for every cabinet level department and for more than 30 other agencies.
In the award announcement, Sevatec CEO and President Sonny Kakar emphasized how critical the OPM's USA Learning® Program Office has become.
"As the federal government's focus on developing and strengthening their human capital to achieve organizational missions intensifies, the USA Learning® Program pays a vital role in enabling highly efficient and comprehensive learning infrastructure necessary to support federal employee learning and development," he said.