Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DC federal offices open Friday with unscheduled leave, telework in effect
Thursday - 1/24/2013, 11:47pm EST
It's the second day in a row employees have had this option after snow fell in the area Thursday morning and light snow is expected Friday afternoon.
The Office of Personnel Management announced that non-emergency employees must notify their managers if they choose to take unscheduled leave or unscheduled telework, provided they are telework-ready.
According to OPM, non-emergency employees have the option to use:
- earned annual leave, compensatory time off, credit hours, or sick leave,
- leave without pay; or
- their flexible work schedule day off or rearrange their work hours under flexible work schedules.
Telework-ready employees who are regularly scheduled to telework or those planning to take unscheduled telework must be ready to telework for the entire workday. If they aren't, they should take unscheduled leave or combine the two options for the entire workday according to their agency's policies.
Emergency employees are expected to report to work on time unless directed differently by their agencies.