Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
OPM strategy for clearing retirement backlog not just IT issue
Friday - 2/3/2012, 5:07pm EST
At a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight, OPM Director John Berry said the agency is hiring new customer-service representatives to break the backlog.
"We've got to be smarter in how we do IT," Berry acknowledged. "But for the foreseeable future, we're dealing with a paper and pencil process and that's why I'm hiring more people and doing it within a frozen budget."
John Salamone, a managing consultant at FMP Consulting and the former executive director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the potential complications for OPM ahead.