Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
OPM strategy for clearing retirement backlog not just IT issue
Friday - 2/3/2012, 5:07pm EST
At a hearing of the Senate Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs Subcommittee on Oversight, OPM Director John Berry said the agency is hiring new customer-service representatives to break the backlog.
"We've got to be smarter in how we do IT," Berry acknowledged. "But for the foreseeable future, we're dealing with a paper and pencil process and that's why I'm hiring more people and doing it within a frozen budget."
John Salamone, a managing consultant at FMP Consulting and the former executive director of the Chief Human Capital Officers Council, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the potential complications for OPM ahead.