Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
GAO's John Needham on smooth insourcing
Tuesday - 5/25/2010, 6:54pm EDT
The Senate Homeland Security Committee's subcommittee on Oversight of Government Management got some input last Thursday from Dan Gordon, Administrator of the Office of Federal Procurement Policy; Jeff Neal, Chief Human Capital Officer at the Homeland Security Department; Chuck Grimes, Deputy Associate Director of Employee Services at OPM; and John Needham, Director of Acquisition and Sourcing Management at the GAO.
The subcommittee also heard from some experts outside government: Maureen Gilman, Legislative Director of the National Treasury Employees Union; Alan Chvotkin, Executive Vice President and Counsel of the Professional Services Council; and Mark Whetstone, President of the National Citizenship and Immigration Services Council.
I played highlights of the first panel in the show today. You can watch the entire hearing on the video link below.
In the second hour of the show today, John Needham of the GAO expanded on his testimony, sharing ideas for agencies to implement the OMB guidelines he and others talked about at the hearing.