Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
New Ethics.gov portal stores WH visitor logs, FEC filings
Thursday - 3/8/2012, 4:16pm EST
|Ethics.gov will house:
The site, a subset of the larger Data.gov, compiles records from seven previously separate databases, including contribution reports from the Federal Election Commission and federal travel information from the Office of Government Ethics.
"Never before has this measure of government-verified data been available and so easily searchable in a centralized location," the White House stated in a release.
The administration has taken a number of notable steps in open government, launching Data.gov in 2009 to provide public access to scores of federal datasets, Recovery.gov to track stimulus spending and USASpending.gov to monitor contract and grant spending. Many individual agencies have also posted their own data online under the aegis of the administration's Open Government Initiative.
However, some good-government groups criticized Data.gov, particularly in its early days, for the amount and quality of data posted to the site.
The launch of a single portal for lobbying and ethics information has been some time in coming. As a candidate for President in 2008, Barack Obama promised to "create a centralized Internet database of lobbying reports, ethics records and campaign finance filings in a searchable, sortable and downloadable format."