Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DorobekInsider.com: BayBridge360 wins the govt Webbie; NASA.gov wins the ‘people’s choice’
Wednesday - 5/6/2009, 7:37am EDT
The 2009 Webbie Awards have been announced — for those who don’t know, these are the preeminent online awards.
The Webbies have scores of categories. One category each year, however, is government.
This year’s winner is something called BayBridge360, a remarkable site developed by San Francisco-based Words Pictures Ideas. The site provides information about the renovation of the San Francisco-Oakland Bay Bridge — legally the James “Sunny Jim” Rolph Bridge — is the much less famous of The City’s bridges. That being said, the Bay Bridge is more heavily traveled… and is actually older then the infamous Golden Gate Bridge.
All of that being said, the Bay Bridge, originally built in 1933, is being upgraded, and BayBridge360 is the site for information about that renovation. [You can see the video about the project here.]
I think you’ll agree that the site is just remarkable, providing information in an elegant yet rich and fulfilling way.
I should note that the 2009 people’s choice Webbie award is perennial Webbie favorite NASA.gov, which has always done a remarkable job with its Web site.
NASA Web Site (designed by NASA)
US Holocaust Memorial Museum (designed by the US Holocaust Memorial Museum)
Just a brief aside: The folks from the Holocaust Museum were one of Federal News Radio 1500 AM’s early Meet the Innovators. In our conversation, they mention the World Is Witness project. Hear that conversation here … and find all of our Meet the Innovator series here.