Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GAO: IT Dashboard accuracy improving
Wednesday - 12/14/2011, 7:21pm EST
But the good news is that performance is often better than what the Dashboard reflects, said David Powner, the director of information technology management issues at the Government Accountability.
In previous reviews of the IT Dashboard, which launched in beta format in June 2009, GAO found that much of the data on the site was inaccurate. However, in the third such review of the online tool, GAO has seen a marked improvement.
"The good news here is that we see the accuracy of what's being reported on the dashboard improving," Powner said.