Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Washington Business Journal
January 12th, 2009
Amtower interviews Jennifer Nycz-Conner of Washington Business Journal, discussing the plethora of resources available locally for small businesses. Ms Conner wrote about these in two articles in 2008. Among the resources discussed are The American Small Business Coalition, The Alternative Board, BNI, the Entrepreneurs Organization, the Service Corps of Retired Executives, and numerous local country economic development offices and regional chambers of commerce. There is no shortage of help for small businesses!
Also on this show, Amtower announces the 2008/2009 AMMIES, which go to:
- Diedre Lee and Karen Evans, the public service AMMIE for a "Job Truly Well Done"
- Congress gets SSSSBD ("Sneaky, Slimy Self-Serving Back Door") Award for giving itself a pay raise in the worst economy in our history without having to vote on it
- SBA gets the "Spin of the Year" AMMIE for its Dec 19 memo on 8 years of apparently wonderful accomplishments
- Norm Coleman gets the Rodney Dangerfield "I Can't Get No Respect" AMMIE for being the only politician in U.S. history to lose to both a professional wrestler and a comedian.