Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Spy chief: Cyber war is 'battleground of future'
Thursday - 2/10/2011, 7:39pm EST
Federal News Radio
The threat of cyber war is increasing, said James Clapper, director of National Intelligence, in comments to a House Intelligence Committee hearing on Thursday.
CIA Chief Leon Panetta said the Internet was "the battleground of the future" that the United States must be prepared to win, Reuters reports.
Panetta added that the United States faces growing threats in developing countries such as China and Russia.
"We're now the subject of literally hundreds of thousands of attacks that come in, in an effort to try to get information," Panetta said, according to a report by UPI.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update brought to you by Tripwire. For more cybersecurity news, click here.