Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
MSPB reports 32,000+ furlough appeals during FY2013
Tuesday - 9/10/2013, 8:46pm EDT
Of the 32,000 furlough appeals, 99 percent were from civilian employees of the Department of Defense.
"Recall back in July, we were getting thousands every day," MSPB Chairwoman Susan Tsui Grundmann said on the Federal Drive with Tom Temin and Emily Kopp. "The wave seems to have crested."
The furlough appeals are in addition to the 6,000 the board has received on other topics. In a typical year, the board processes between 6,000-7,000 appeals on a variety of subjects.
Now the board is consolidating the appeals, preparing them for adjudication.
"Our regulations allow our administrative judges to consolidate cases with similar issues that would expedite the adjudication process. And I'm talking about same witnesses, same evidence, same location — those are all factors," Grundmann said.
According to the website, MSPB's regional offices have docketed nearly all of the furlough appeals.