Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Eliminating the Federal Career Intern Program
Friday - 1/21/2011, 1:23pm EST
Effective March 1, the program that has been used to hire over 100,000 individuals since its creation in 2001 will be replaced with the Pathways Program. This new program will include an internship program and a recent graduates program, as well as the existing Presidential Management Fellows Program.
Why was the program eliminated? What does this change mean for hiring new employees? What will happen if someone is currently under FCIP when the program ends?
For these answers and more, join guest host Tony Vergnetti, Tim McManus of the Partnership for Public Service, and Jim Eisenmann and Melissa Mehring of the Merit Systems Protection Board to learn more about the cancellation of the Federal Career Intern Program and MSPB rulings on the FCIP.