Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
Shows & Panels
Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' filming in town this weekend
Saturday - 3/26/2011, 2:04pm EDT
WASHINGTON - Along with the start of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, the National Marathon, the Ringling Brothers Circus at the Verizon Center and everything else going on in Washington this weekend, there's a whole other kind of circus to contend with - movie crews.
The D.C. Office of Motion Picture and Television Development says the upcoming Clint Eastwood-directed movie "J. Edgar" is filming in Washington this weekend.
The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as the seminal FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, Naomi Watts as his secretary and confidante Helen Gandy, and Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson, Hoover's assistant director and rumored lover.
Hammer had his breakout role last year in "The Social Network" as both Winklevoss twins, the Harvard athletes who claim Mark Zuckerberg stole their idea in the development of Facebook.
"J. Edgar" is written by Dustin Lance Black, who won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for another biopic, 2008's "Milk," starring Sean Penn.
The film office isn't commenting on specific shooting locations, other than to say filming will take place in downtown Washington Saturday and Sunday.
Follow Nathan on Twitter.
(Copyright 2010 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)