Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' filming in town this weekend
Saturday - 3/26/2011, 2:04pm EDT
Nathan Hager, wtop.com
WASHINGTON - Along with the start of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, the National Marathon, the Ringling Brothers Circus at the Verizon Center and everything else going on in Washington this weekend, there's a whole other kind of circus to contend with - movie crews.
The D.C. Office of Motion Picture and Television Development says the upcoming Clint Eastwood-directed movie "J. Edgar" is filming in Washington this weekend.
The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as the seminal FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, Naomi Watts as his secretary and confidante Helen Gandy, and Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson, Hoover's assistant director and rumored lover.
Hammer had his breakout role last year in "The Social Network" as both Winklevoss twins, the Harvard athletes who claim Mark Zuckerberg stole their idea in the development of Facebook.
"J. Edgar" is written by Dustin Lance Black, who won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for another biopic, 2008's "Milk," starring Sean Penn.
The film office isn't commenting on specific shooting locations, other than to say filming will take place in downtown Washington Saturday and Sunday.
Follow Nathan on Twitter.
(Copyright 2010 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)