Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Eastwood's 'J. Edgar' filming in town this weekend
Saturday - 3/26/2011, 2:04pm EDT
WASHINGTON - Along with the start of the National Cherry Blossom Festival, the National Marathon, the Ringling Brothers Circus at the Verizon Center and everything else going on in Washington this weekend, there's a whole other kind of circus to contend with - movie crews.
The D.C. Office of Motion Picture and Television Development says the upcoming Clint Eastwood-directed movie "J. Edgar" is filming in Washington this weekend.
The film stars Leonardo DiCaprio as the seminal FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, Naomi Watts as his secretary and confidante Helen Gandy, and Armie Hammer as Clyde Tolson, Hoover's assistant director and rumored lover.
Hammer had his breakout role last year in "The Social Network" as both Winklevoss twins, the Harvard athletes who claim Mark Zuckerberg stole their idea in the development of Facebook.
"J. Edgar" is written by Dustin Lance Black, who won the Academy Award for Best Original Screenplay for another biopic, 2008's "Milk," starring Sean Penn.
The film office isn't commenting on specific shooting locations, other than to say filming will take place in downtown Washington Saturday and Sunday.
Follow Nathan on Twitter.
(Copyright 2010 by WTOP. All Rights Reserved.)