Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
A New Federal Job
Friday - 9/19/2008, 12:26pm EDT
1:25: Yesterday's House Natural Resources Committee hearing focused on misconduct and improper royalty collection at the Minerals Management Service. Interior Secretary Dirk Kempthorne testified about efforts to reform the operation of the MMS, and Interior Inspector General Earl Devaney testified about his recent report on problems at MMS.
Among the member of the committee questioning Secretary Kempthorne and General Devaney were committee Chairman Nick Rahall, and Congressman George Miller.
2:05: BAE Systems has won a $12 billion dollar contract from DISA. Dr. Chris D'Ascenzo is Vice President & General Manager of Defense Solutions for BAE Systems. He talked about the DISA deal, other work they're doing for their big Federal customers, and how the end of the fiscal year and a series of continuing resolutions might affect the contracting community.
2:20: The FBI is celebrating its 100th anniversary all year long. The agency has released a book about their century of service, "The FBI: A Centennial History, 1908-2008." FBI Historian Jon Fox talked about the book and some of the stories in it.
2:30: Another oversight hearing yesterday covered the transition at the Homeland Security Department. Our highlights from that Senate Homeland Security Government Management subcommittee hearing centered around the executive-level ranks at DHS. Much of the testimony and questions centered around a report issued by the National Academy of Public Administration. Chairman Daniel Akaka started the questioning by asking DHS Undersecretary for Management Elaine Duke about executive-level vacancies at the agency.
Subcommittee ranking member George Voinovich asked Ms. Duke about resources for the Presidential campaigns to speed the transition process, and followed up with the rest of the witness panel on their thoughts about where transition efforts stand.
The Moderator of the Washington Homeland Security Roundtable, Olive & Edwards Principal David Olive, watched the hearing first-hand in the hearing room. He offered his thoughts about what he heard at the hearing--and what he didn't hear.