Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
New Justice position focuses on whistleblowers
Wednesday - 8/8/2012, 12:27pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - The Justice Department's inspector general has appointed an experienced federal prosecutor to ensure that whistleblower complaints are addressed quickly and thoroughly and that investigations of retaliation claims are closely monitored.
As whistleblower ombudsman for Inspector General Michael Horowitz, Robert Storch will work within the Justice Department to educate employees about the importance of whistleblowers in uncovering any waste, fraud, abuse and mismanagement.
Horowitz said that through the newly created position, department officials will be alerted to the possible repercussions of retaliation against whistleblowers. Horowitz said the ombudsman will serve as a liaison to other federal agencies with whistleblower responsibilities and to private whistleblower advocacy groups.
Storch became counselor to the inspector general in July and has been a federal prosecutor for 25 years.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)