Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Lieberman proposes special counsel for leaks probe
Sunday - 6/17/2012, 5:15pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) - Sen. Joe Lieberman says there should be a special counsel to look into allegations that the administration has leaked information on a U.S.- Israeli cyber-warfare campaign against Iran's nuclear program and other classified activities.
The Connecticut Independent also said President Barack Obama should instruct anybody on his staff involved in such leaks to come forward and that the president should himself be interviewed by investigators.
Both Democrats and Republicans have criticized apparent leaks about the cyber- warfare initiative, on Obama's selection of targets for counterterrorism assassination plots and the mission that killed Osama Bin Laden.
GOP critics have suggested the leaks were orchestrated to boost Obama's re- election bid.
Lieberman said a special counsel would avoid any appearance of conflict of interest.
Attorney General Eric Holder has appointed two U.S. attorneys to investigate.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)