Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
New white paper offers guidance on move to the cloud
Tuesday - 3/20/2012, 9:05am EDT
But agencies have found the practical side of moving to the cloud to be difficult.
"What we see with this white paper is really a sharing best practices," said Scott Renda, a cloud policy analyst at the Office of Management and Budget, "This is really the key point. We're sharing the experiences across the government as well as insights from the private sector and vendors, so that each CIO in the agencies across the government don't have to reinvent the wheel."
To explain the guidance and who should read it, The Federal Drive with Tom Temin spoke with Renda; Matt Goodrich, who oversees the program for certifying cloud security at the General Services Administration; and Allison Stanton, director of e-discovery, in the office of the assistant attorney general at the Justice Department.