Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Will Interior's new mobile portal pave the way for other agencies?
Friday - 2/3/2012, 6:28pm EST
Interior launched the portal, which is part of the department's efforts to build a more mobile workforce. It allows employees to access the network from an array of devices — from laptops and tablets and smartphones.
Mark Forman, the first E-gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and the co-founder of Government Transaction Services, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what Interior's new policy could mean for other agencies.
Forman discussed whether Interior's new portal is the way forward for other agencies as well as the challenges in securing this type of platform.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.