Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Will Interior's new mobile portal pave the way for other agencies?
Friday - 2/3/2012, 6:28pm EST
Interior launched the portal, which is part of the department's efforts to build a more mobile workforce. It allows employees to access the network from an array of devices — from laptops and tablets and smartphones.
Mark Forman, the first E-gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and the co-founder of Government Transaction Services, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what Interior's new policy could mean for other agencies.
Forman discussed whether Interior's new portal is the way forward for other agencies as well as the challenges in securing this type of platform.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.