Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Will Interior's new mobile portal pave the way for other agencies?
Friday - 2/3/2012, 6:28pm EST
Interior launched the portal, which is part of the department's efforts to build a more mobile workforce. It allows employees to access the network from an array of devices — from laptops and tablets and smartphones.
Mark Forman, the first E-gov administrator at the Office of Management and Budget and the co-founder of Government Transaction Services, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss what Interior's new policy could mean for other agencies.
Forman discussed whether Interior's new portal is the way forward for other agencies as well as the challenges in securing this type of platform.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.