Shows & Panels
Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- American Readiness: Renewable Power and Efficiency Technologies
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Delivering the Digital Government Mission
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal News Radio's National Cyber Security Awareness Month Special Panel Discussion
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- Government Perspectives on Mobility and the Cloud
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- The New Generation of Database
- Reimagining the Next Generation of Government
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Howell to leave OMB for Information Sharing Environment
Monday - 11/15/2010, 4:50pm EST
By Jason Miller
Federal News Radio
Mike Howell will leave his position as the deputy administrator for e-government and information technology in the Office of Management and Budget.
Government and industry sources confirm Howell will be the new deputy program manager for the Information Sharing Environment.
Howell follows Kshemendra Paul, who became the program manager for the Information Sharing Environment in May after spending three years as OMB's chief architect.
"We thank Mike Howell for two years of outstanding service as the Deputy Administrator for E-Gov and wish him well in his next post at the Office of the Program Manager for the Information Sharing Environment," said Vivek Kundra, federal CIO, in an e-mailed statement.
Howell has been deputy administrator —- or the de facto deputy chief information officer -- since September 2008. He was previously CIO at the Interior Department. He replaced Tim Young at OMB as the Bush administration transitioned the deputy administrator position from a political post to a career one.
Before coming to OMB, Howell spent most of his career with Interior. In addition to being its CIO, Howell also was the CIO of the Fish and Wildlife Service and the Bureau of Land Management.
Paul said in an interview with Federal News Radio in August that his priorities as the program manager include updating the National Strategy for Information Sharing and putting a lot of effort into governance and expanding relationships across government.
Howell will begin his new position early in December.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)