Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
HUD, VA to provide housing for veterans
Tuesday - 6/14/2011, 3:13am EDT
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Two Virginia public housing authorities will receive federal funding aimed at providing permanent living arrangements and case management for homeless veterans.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced Monday that $5.4 million will go to agencies in 18 states to assist 676 veterans.
In Virginia, $315,000 was awarded to the Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority, and nearly $38,000 was awarded to the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)