Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
HUD, VA to provide housing for veterans
Tuesday - 6/14/2011, 3:13am EDT
RICHMOND, Va. (AP) - Two Virginia public housing authorities will receive federal funding aimed at providing permanent living arrangements and case management for homeless veterans.
The U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs announced Monday that $5.4 million will go to agencies in 18 states to assist 676 veterans.
In Virginia, $315,000 was awarded to the Richmond Redevelopment and Housing Authority, and nearly $38,000 was awarded to the Fairfax County Redevelopment and Housing Authority.
(Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)