Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
TSA, NGA offer buyouts, early outs
Friday - 1/13/2012, 5:21pm EST
TSA plans to offer early retirements to select employees, in an effort to create a more efficient workforce, according to a staff memo obtained by Federal News Radio. Eligible employees can apply between Jan. 15 and April 30. But a TSA spokesman did not say how many jobs the agency is targeting.
Early retirement will not be an option for certain mission-critical employees, such as transportation security officers (TSO), air marshals and some intelligence workers, the memo said. But exceptions may apply. TSO and air marshals, for example, might be eligible if they are affected by restructuring.
This is TSA's second round of early retirements in recent months. The agency's last window closed on Dec. 31.
NGA is offering buyouts to 150 employees, according to a spokesperson. The agency did not say whether the incentive payments, first reported by Government Executive, are motivated by budget pressure or something else. Buyout payments are worth up to $25,000. Employees must apply by Feb. 17 and leave the agency by March 31.
2012 Buyout Guide - A list of agencies offering buyouts and early retirements