Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Pierson, 1st female Secret Service head, sworn in
Wednesday - 3/27/2013, 6:40pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- Veteran Secret Service agent Julia Pierson has been sworn in as the agency's first female director.
During an Oval Office ceremony, President Barack Obama said Pierson is breaking the mold in the male-dominated agency. He also joked that she would have more control over his life and Vice President Joe Biden's than anyone except their spouses.
The Secret Service is charged with protecting the president, vice president and their families, as well as investigating financial crimes.
Pierson's appointment does not require Senate confirmation. She takes over an agency that has been marred by scandal, including a prostitution scandal last year in Colombia.
Biden administered the oath of office.
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.