Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
TSA partners with Coast Guard on emergency alert system
Wednesday - 2/1/2012, 5:40pm EST
The Alert and Warning System can alert every employee with critical information across multiple platforms. Cmdr. Ted Kim, the web portals branch chief of the Operations Systems Management at the Coast Guard, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss how the system works and if it's right for your agency.
The system was implemented during the Deepwater Horizon oil spill and the tsunami in Japan, Kim said, but the new system can also be implemented for purposes other than emergency alerts.
The AWS is powered by AtHoc, which specializes in network-centric notification systems.