Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
DoD gets money saving tips from aerospace industry
Friday - 8/20/2010, 4:12pm EDT
- Defense Secretary Robert Gates has asked all branches of the Defense Department to get creative in coming up with ways to trim their budgets -- and the Aerospace Industries Association of America has over 100 recommendations for them. They just sent the Pentagon a list of initiatives, and also explain why they think that the oversight process is driving up overhead costs.
- The Coast Guard Academy in New London Connecticut has been given top honors in this year's list of Best Colleges from U.S. World and News Report. 300 schools were ranked in the Regional Colleges (North) category, and the Academy earned the highest rating -- with a perfect score of 100. It's also featured among the best in other reviews of colleges and universities such as Princeton Review's Best in the Northeast and Forbes Magazine's America's Best Colleges 2010 edition.
Check out all of Federal News Radio's coverage of Defense issues here.