Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
Correction: Homeland Security-Confirmations story
Monday - 3/10/2014, 12:20pm EDT
WASHINGTON (AP) -- In a story March 6 about three Senate confirmations of Homeland Security officials, The Associated Press reported erroneously Suzanne E. Spaulding's new title. She is now the undersecretary for National Protection Programs, not the deputy undersecretary.
A corrected version of the story is below:
Senate approves 3 Homeland Security nominees
Senate approves Obama's picks for 3 senior Homeland Security jobs
By ALICIA A. CALDWELL
WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Senate has confirmed three of President Barack Obama's Homeland Security nominees.
R. Gil Kerlikowske was confirmed Thursday as the first permanent commissioner for the agency that oversees both customs and immigration officers at the country's ports of entry and the Border Patrol since before Obama took office in 2009. Kerlikowske was previously head of the White House Office of National Drug Control Policy.
The Senate also confirmed Suzanne E. Spaulding as undersecretary for National Protection Programs and John Roth as inspector general.
Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson applauded the appointments and said he could continue working to fill other senior management jobs at the department.
Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.