Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
DHS gets serious about continuous network monitoring
Wednesday - 6/27/2012, 9:25am EDT
John Streufert is the leading advocate for continuous monitoring at DHS. He pioneered the technique when he worked for the State Department. He's been briefing industry and the media about a DHS program called continuing diagnostics and mitigation.
Under CDM, DHS manages buying and operating network sensors used by agencies, and it helps them with troubleshooting cyber issues that may arise.
Last year, federal agencies responded to more than 100,000 cyber attacks.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.