Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Senate confirms key positions in Commerce, HUD, DHS
Friday - 3/30/2012, 11:44am EDT
Commerce: Rebecca M. Blank was confirmed as deputy secretary. Since June 2009, Blank served as under secretary for economic affairs and head of the Economics and Statistics Administration. According to the Commerce website, Blank's work helped net $1.6 billion in savings in 2010 for the agency.
Housing and Urban Development: Maurice A. Jones was confirmed as deputy secretary. Jones is the president and publisher of Pilot Media, which publishes the Virginian-Pilot and other newspapers. During the Clinton administration, Jones served as legal counsel, deputy director for policy and programs, and director of the Community Development Financial Institutions Fund at the Department of the Treasury.
Homeland Security Department: Margaret Ann Sherry was confirmed as chief financial officer.