Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Schaffer leaves DHS cyber post
Monday - 3/5/2012, 8:35am EST
He has worked at DHS since June 2009. In his assistant secretary position, Schaffer worked closely with public and private sector organizations to help prevent and respond to cyber incidents affecting the nation's critical infrastructure.
He is the fifth DHS senior cyber executive to leave since the summer, and completes an almost entire turnover in the National Protection and Programs Directorate's cyber positions. Politico first reported Schaffer's last day at DHS is today.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.