Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Winners and losers in DHS 2013 budget request
Tuesday - 2/21/2012, 5:55pm EST
Thad Bingel, a principal at Command Consulting Group and former chief of staff at the Customs and Border Protection, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the finer points of the DHS budget request.
The 2013 DHS budget request stands at a total of $39.5 billion, a slight decrease from what Congress appropriated for the current fiscal year.
Bingel's former agency, CBP would see a budget increase of 2 percent over 2012 levels. That amount funds 21,370 Border Patrol agents and 21,186 CBP officers.