Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
DHS warns of scams on Cyber Monday
Monday - 11/28/2011, 8:16am EST
The Examiner reports the Homeland Security Department wants cyber shoppers to remember to "Stop. Think. Connect," and be wary of the cybersecurity risks of theft, fraud and abuse.
Cyber-criminals create fake websites targeting keywords such as "tech," "jewelry" and "toys" in searches that return the highest results.
If you receive an email from a website that you have not visited before — or even that you have — do not click the link.
Keep your browser and antivirus software updated.
Make sure websites are using SSL encryption to process your payment.
Use a credit card, not a debit card. A credit card has built-in scam protections.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.