Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Groundbreaking Joint Regenerative Procedure Tests Well
Monday - 8/9/2010, 2:27pm EDT
The regenerative procedure is performed by stimulating previously irreparable organs or tissues to heal themselves. Three-dimensional structures made of biocompatible and biodegradable materials in the shape of the tissue, are infused with a protein to promote the joint's growth.
The approach sidesteps several problems that are typically encountered in trying to transplant cells that are grown externally, such as tissue rejection.
Future work could replace arthritic joints in animals and ultimately in arthritis patients who need total joint replacement.