Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
CMS names new senior executives
Friday - 1/10/2014, 2:43pm EST
CMS Administrator Marilyn Tavenner announced in an email to staff obtained by Federal News Radio that Tim Love will become the chief operating officer, replacing Michele Snyder, who retired in December.
Tavenner also announced Dave Nelson will become the CMS chief information officer and director of the Office of Information Services. Nelson replaces Tony Trenkle, who left in November to join IBM. Tavenner said Love has served in a host of leadership positions over the last 22 years at CMS, including most recently as the deputy COO.
"His breadth of experience in the agency's policy, operations and business support components make him ideally suited to serve as COO," Tavenner said in the note to staff.
Nelson joined CMS 10 years ago and served in an assortment of positions, including most recently as director of the Office of Enterprise Management and acting CIO.
"Dave brings deep experience both as a manager and technologist to this critically important position," Tavenner said. "Like Tim, Dave is a veteran, having served in the United States Air Force. And they share another attribute — Dave is also ideally suited for the leadership role he has been asked to perform."
Love and Nelson join CMS at a critical time as it continues to implement the Affordable Care Act, and most importantly improve the HealthCare.gov site.
TAG: Exclusive People CMS Marilyn Tavenner Dave Nelson Tim Love Technology Management Affordable Care Act HealthCare.gov Jason Miller