Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Frank Baitman takes over as HHS CIO
Friday - 3/9/2012, 4:11pm EST
John Teeter, the HHS deputy CIO, confirmed Baitman started in mid-February.
"We are getting him up to speed and in motion at HHS and I'm sure he'll do a fantastic job," Teeter said.
Before coming to HHS, Baitman was an entrepreneur-in-residence at the Food and Drug Administration. Federal CIO Steven VanRoekel said Baitman was part of a pilot to see how this concept could work.
"This program intends to, in a non-conflicted way, rotate private sector people in to government, say for six months, to act as a coach or a mentor on a project and to bring a new perspective," VanRoekel said at the AFCEA Bethesda breakfast in February.
Baitman worked with the FDA to fast-track low-risk medical devices.
While at SSA, he focused on improving customer service, in part by promoting online authentication, developing a plan for a new data center and moving low-risk applications to the cloud.
Baitman also was the co-chairman of the federal CIO Council's Accessibility Committee.
Prior to working at SSA, Baitman spent his entire career in the private sector working as president of Petards and for IBM.
Also on Friday, the White House announced that Todd Park, most recently the CTO at HHS, will take over the federal CTO role vacated by Aneesh Chopra last month.