Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Howard leaving HHS for new job at FDA
Tuesday - 4/30/2013, 12:24pm EDT
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius made the announcement Monday in an email to her staff.
"I want to express my sincere appreciation to Sally Howard for her outstanding service to me and the department," Sebelius wrote. "Sally has been an indispensable leader within the department since she started here in September 2009. She began as deputy general counsel and then became acting general counsel before serving as my chief of staff for over two years. She has been an amazing asset to this organization, and while she will not be moving very far away, we will certainly miss her presence in my office."
Andrea Palm will become the new HHS chief of staff. Palm first came HHS in January 2009 as the deputy assistant secretary for health policy in the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Legislation. She was the senior advisor for health to the White House Domestic Policy Council from 2010 to 2011 and was most recently the counselor in the Immediate Office of the Secretary.
A graduate of Cornell University and Washington University in St. Louis., Palm was Sen. Hillary Clinton's (D-N.Y.) health policy advisor before coming to HHS.