Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Federal Drive Interviews -- Jan. 7, 2013
Monday - 1/7/2013, 9:24am EST
director of government affairs
Associated General Contractors of America
Congress has been frugal lately with federal construction money. Some projects have been suspended. Others are just plans on paper. What will 2013 bring?
Over the years, Congress has earned monikers ranging from the world's greatest deliberative body, to a bunch of children. Last week it was hard to argue with the second one. A profile in The National Journal says the first day of Congress resembles the first day of school. Freshmen lawmakers get the same jitters.
Coalition for Government Procurement
The General Services Administration has a confession: The industrial funding fee added to orders through its signature Multiple Awards Schedule program pays for a little something extra. Now GSA wants to make sure federal buyers know where its money is going.
Microsoft Department of Defense Business
It seems like only yesterday the Defense Department was stepping gingerly into the world of Windows 3.1. Flag officers used Minesweeper to learn how to use a mouse. Fast forward 20 years and now we're in the age of Windows 8. And now, the Army, Air Force and Defense Information Systems Agency have inked a new deal with Microsoft covering 75 percent of DOD personnel.
Federal News Radio
There's a new site for job seekers in the D.C. area and it's unlike anything you've seen. Five of the area's leading news sources have come together to connect the best talent with the best jobs. Here to tell us more is our own Lisa Wolfe, program director here at Federal News Radio.
FOR MORE: Power Jobs
MORE FROM THE FEDERAL DRIVE
- Deeper Troop Cutback Weighed (Wall Street Journal)
- Air Force to provide legal counsel to sexual assault victims (Dayton Daily News)
- Obama taps Hagel for Pentagon, Brennan for CIA (Dayton Daily News)