Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
Shows & Panels
Feds to Trump: 'You're hired'
Tuesday - 2/7/2012, 5:55pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Donald Trump will be converting a historic building on Washington's Pennsylvania Avenue into a 250-room luxury hotel.
The federal government announced Tuesday that the Trump Organization has been selected to redevelop the Old Post Office Pavilion.
The Old Post Office was completed in 1899 to house the U.S. Post Office headquarters and the city's post office. It boasts a 315-foot clock tower, which is the second-tallest structure in the nation's capital after the Washington Monument.
The General Services Administration began soliciting proposals to redevelop the property after declaring it underutilized. It houses a food court and shops that cater largely to tourists.
The GSA says Trump will preserve the building's historic features while converting it into a hotel with restaurants, a spa and conference facilities.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)