Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Feds to Trump: 'You're hired'
Tuesday - 2/7/2012, 5:55pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Donald Trump will be converting a historic building on Washington's Pennsylvania Avenue into a 250-room luxury hotel.
The federal government announced Tuesday that the Trump Organization has been selected to redevelop the Old Post Office Pavilion.
The Old Post Office was completed in 1899 to house the U.S. Post Office headquarters and the city's post office. It boasts a 315-foot clock tower, which is the second-tallest structure in the nation's capital after the Washington Monument.
The General Services Administration began soliciting proposals to redevelop the property after declaring it underutilized. It houses a food court and shops that cater largely to tourists.
The GSA says Trump will preserve the building's historic features while converting it into a hotel with restaurants, a spa and conference facilities.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)