Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
Feds to Trump: 'You're hired'
Tuesday - 2/7/2012, 5:55pm EST
WASHINGTON (AP) - Donald Trump will be converting a historic building on Washington's Pennsylvania Avenue into a 250-room luxury hotel.
The federal government announced Tuesday that the Trump Organization has been selected to redevelop the Old Post Office Pavilion.
The Old Post Office was completed in 1899 to house the U.S. Post Office headquarters and the city's post office. It boasts a 315-foot clock tower, which is the second-tallest structure in the nation's capital after the Washington Monument.
The General Services Administration began soliciting proposals to redevelop the property after declaring it underutilized. It houses a food court and shops that cater largely to tourists.
The GSA says Trump will preserve the building's historic features while converting it into a hotel with restaurants, a spa and conference facilities.
(Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)