Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
GSA seeks buyouts, early-out approval
Tuesday - 1/10/2012, 6:55pm EST
The agency is targeting about 600 positions, about five percent of GSA's workforce, including jobs in the:
- Federal Acquisition Service;
- Office of the Chief Information Officer;
- Office of Governmentwide Policy and
- Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies
The plan, GSA said, is not a direct result of the budget pressure that most federal agencies face.
"The goal of this effort is to more closely align the skills of GSA's workforce to the evolving needs of our agency and the federal government," the spokesperson said, calling it a chance to help the agency reach peak efficiency and effectiveness.
OPM still needs to approve the plan, but GSA declined to say when it expects a decision.
GSA becomes the third agency, so far, this year to request authority from OPM to issue buyouts and early retirements. The Air Force and the Veterans Affairs Department have also done so.
Last year also saw a slew of agencies and departments offering buyouts to employees.
2012 Buyout Guide - an evolving list of agencies offering buyouts and early retirements in 2012