Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GSA seeks buyouts, early-out approval
Tuesday - 1/10/2012, 6:55pm EST
The agency is targeting about 600 positions, about five percent of GSA's workforce, including jobs in the:
- Federal Acquisition Service;
- Office of the Chief Information Officer;
- Office of Governmentwide Policy and
- Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies
The plan, GSA said, is not a direct result of the budget pressure that most federal agencies face.
"The goal of this effort is to more closely align the skills of GSA's workforce to the evolving needs of our agency and the federal government," the spokesperson said, calling it a chance to help the agency reach peak efficiency and effectiveness.
OPM still needs to approve the plan, but GSA declined to say when it expects a decision.
GSA becomes the third agency, so far, this year to request authority from OPM to issue buyouts and early retirements. The Air Force and the Veterans Affairs Department have also done so.
Last year also saw a slew of agencies and departments offering buyouts to employees.
2012 Buyout Guide - an evolving list of agencies offering buyouts and early retirements in 2012