Shows & Panels
- Accelerate and Streamline for Better Customer Service
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Client Virtualization Solutions
- Data Protection in a Virtual World
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Feds in the Cloud
- Health IT: A Policy Change Agent
- Improving Healthcare Outcomes through IT Policy
- IT Innovation in the New Era of Government
- Making Dollars And Sense Out of Data Center Consolidation
- Navigating the Private Cloud
- One Step to the Cloud, Two Steps Toward Innovation
- Path to FDCCI Compliance
- Take Command of Your Mobility Initiative
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
The risks and rewards of cost-reimbursement contracts
Monday - 12/12/2011, 3:29pm EST
One of the ways the General Services Administration is looking to give contractors incentive to continue to do their best is by putting more cost-reimbursement contracts on the table.
Roger Waldron, the president of the Coalition for Government Procurement who previously served in the General Services Administration, joined In Depth with Francis Rose to discuss the pros and cons of cost-reimbursement contracts.
One of the criticisms of such contracts is that risk is almost entirely shifted to the government.
Waldron provided a short history lesson cost-reimbursement contracts and discussed if they have proven successful.