Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
GSA awards 21 vendors a spot on $5B Connections II contract
Wednesday - 10/26/2011, 7:44pm EDT
GSA awarded 21 companies a spot on the Connections II contract. Under the contract, vendors will provide systems and support for federal buildings and campuses, including telecom equipment, support services and customized solutions. It will let agencies obtain and maintain connectivity from a user's desktop to the point of interconnection with the agencies' network service provider(s), GSA said in the award notice.
Under the 10-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract that is worth $5 billion, GSA focused on four specific functional areas:
- Communications and networking
- Building/campus facility preparation
- Operations, administration, and management (OA&M)
- Customer service and technical support
GSA expects Connections II to be available for task orders by the end of the month.
GSA has been working on Connections II since April 2010. GSA needed to replace the original (http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104535) Connections contract awarded in 2003 to 17 companies, of which half were small businesses.
The awardees under Connections II are:
- A&T Systems
- American Systems Corp.
- AT&T Technical Services Comp.
- Avaya Government Solutions
- BAE Systems
- Black Box Network Services
- Concert Technologies
- EPS Corp.
- Futron Inc.
- General Dynamics IT
- Government Telecommunications Inc.
- Harris IT Services
- HP Enterprise Services
- Netcom Technologies
- The Centech Group
- Vector Resources
- Verizon Federal