Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
GSA awards 21 vendors a spot on $5B Connections II contract
Wednesday - 10/26/2011, 7:44pm EDT
GSA awarded 21 companies a spot on the Connections II contract. Under the contract, vendors will provide systems and support for federal buildings and campuses, including telecom equipment, support services and customized solutions. It will let agencies obtain and maintain connectivity from a user's desktop to the point of interconnection with the agencies' network service provider(s), GSA said in the award notice.
Under the 10-year indefinite delivery, indefinite quantity contract that is worth $5 billion, GSA focused on four specific functional areas:
- Communications and networking
- Building/campus facility preparation
- Operations, administration, and management (OA&M)
- Customer service and technical support
GSA expects Connections II to be available for task orders by the end of the month.
GSA has been working on Connections II since April 2010. GSA needed to replace the original (http://www.gsa.gov/portal/content/104535) Connections contract awarded in 2003 to 17 companies, of which half were small businesses.
The awardees under Connections II are:
- A&T Systems
- American Systems Corp.
- AT&T Technical Services Comp.
- Avaya Government Solutions
- BAE Systems
- Black Box Network Services
- Concert Technologies
- EPS Corp.
- Futron Inc.
- General Dynamics IT
- Government Telecommunications Inc.
- Harris IT Services
- HP Enterprise Services
- Netcom Technologies
- The Centech Group
- Vector Resources
- Verizon Federal