Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Administration assures Congress of aggressive cloud launch
Monday - 10/10/2011, 11:37am EDT
David McClure, the associate administrator for GSA's Office of Citizen Services and Innovative Technologies, told the House Subcommittee on Cybersecurity that cloud security problems are no worse than any other IT risks.
The hearing focused on the security implications of the federal government's aggressive move to the cloud, InformationWeek reports.
McClure also assured lawmakers that government will work to make security of the cloud measurably better than security in the current system.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily Cybersecurity Update. For more cybersecurity news, click here.