Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
National Guard lacks equipment to perform mission, GAO says
Thursday - 12/8/2011, 8:40am EST
The Government Accountability Office finds that the National Guard is having a hard time keeping people in the Guard who have the skills to deal with those emergencies.
GAO also found that the Guard needs more equipment to perform its mission. GAO auditors say that the Department of Defense has to help the Guard with its preparedness, strengthen coordination with other response partners and ensure the effective command and control of operations during an emergency. DOD agreed with the findings.
This story is part of Federal News Radio's daily DoD Report. For more defense news, click here.