Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
OPM approves GAO buyouts
Tuesday - 8/16/2011, 5:58pm EDT
Federal News Radio
The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) has approved buyouts and early retirements for employees at the Government Accountability Office (GAO).
Employees receiving buyouts "will receive a lump sum of $25,000 or the amount of the employees' severance pay calculations, whichever is less," Dodaro wrote.
The positions are mostly management level, though Senior Executive Service and Senior Level employees are not eligible because the agency wants to retain executive leadership. Communications analysts and all employees within the Office of the Inspector General are also ineligible.
The deadline to apply is Sept. 6, according to the memo, which was first published publicly by Federal Times. Employees must then retire or separate from the agency by Sept. 30.
GAO joins a growing list of federal departments and agencies offering early retirements and voluntary separations to employees.