Shows & Panels
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- The Big Data Dilemma
- Carrying On with Continuity of Operations
- Connected Government
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Cyber Imperative
- Cyber Solutions for 2013 and Beyond
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Expert Voices
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal IT Challenge
- Federal Tech Talk
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- The Real Deal on Digital Government
- The Reality of Continuous Monitoring... Is Your Agency Secure?
- Veterans in Private Sector: Making the Transition
Shows & Panels
NRC's $252M Dell IT contract survives protest
Monday - 6/13/2011, 7:31am EDT
Federal News Radio
The Nuclear Regulatory Commission's largest technology contract ever is back on track.
NRC awarded Dell Services a $252 million IT support services contract in February only to see losing bidder, L-3 Stratis, protest the award.
Last Thursday, the Government Accountability Office denied L-3 Stratis' complaint, thus letting the original award move forward, said Darren Ash, NRC's chief information officer.
Under the six-year deal, Dell Services will operate, maintain and enhance a NRC's IT infrastructure in its Office of Information Systems.
According to Dell Services, the contract includes program management, BlackBerry Support Services, email and messaging, file and print, personal computing, software license, management, network management, remote access, integration and high performance computing and several other services.
A spokesman for L-3 Stratis said it's company policy not to comment on protests.
"We are looking forward to building a strong relationship with the NRC and providing the highest quality of IT outsourcing support to assist them in efficiently carrying out their important mission," said Richard Pineda, the vice president of Dell Services Federal Government, in a release.
(Copyright 2011 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)