Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Building the Hybrid Cloud
- Connected Government: How to Build and Procure Network Services for the Future
- Continuing Diagnostics and Mitigation: Discussion of Progress and Next Steps
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- The Future of Government Data Centers
- The Future of IT: How CIOs Can Enable the Service-Oriented Enterprise
- The Intersection: Where Technology Meets Transformation
- Maximizing ROI Through Data Center Consolidation
- Mitigating Insider Threats in Virtual & Cloud Environments
- Modern Mission Critical Series
- Moving to the Cloud. What's the best approach for me
- Navigating Tough Choices in Government Cloud Computing
- The New Generation of Database
- Satellite Communications: Acquiring SATCOM in Tight Times
- Targeting Advanced Threats: Proven Methods from Detection through Remediation
- Transformative Technology: Desktop Virtualization in Government
- The Truth About IT Opex and Software Defined Networking
- Value of Health IT
- Air Traffic Management Transformation Report
- Cloud First Report
- General Dynamics IT Enterprise Center
- Gov Cloud Minute
- Government in Technology Series
- Homeland Security Cybersecurity Market Report
- National Cybersecurity Awareness Month
- Technology Insights
- The Cyber Security Report
- The Next Generation Cyber Security Experts
Shows & Panels
SBA names new CIO; COO going back to FTC
Thursday - 10/14/2010, 4:26pm EDT
Federal News Radio
There are some major changes to the senior officials at the Small Business Administration.
Eileen Harrington, the SBA's chief operating officer, announced yesterday that she is leaving to become the new executive director of the Federal Trade Commission, SBA spokesman Jonathan Swain said.
Meanwhile, Paul Christy had the acting removed from his title and now is the chief information officer, Swain confirmed.
Christy's first official day as CIO was Tuesday.
He had been acting since Robert Naylor resigned in May.
Christy had been SBA's chief technology officer since 2008 and worked as the deputy CIO for the International Trade Administration at the Department of Commerce.
Christy has been in government for more than 30 years.
Harrington's last day will be Oct. 22 and in the interim her duties will be shared by SBA deputy administrator Marie Johns and chief of staff Ana Ma, Swain said.
Prior to coming to SBA, Harrington worked for FTC for 24 years where she spearheaded the implementation of the Do Not Call list.
(Copyright 2010 by FederalNewsRadio.com. All Rights Reserved.)