Shows & Panels
- The 2014 Big Picture on Cyber Security
- AFCEA Answers
- Ask the CIO
- Connected Government
- Consolidating Mission-critical Systems
- Constituent Servicing
- Continuous Monitoring: Tools and Techniques for Trustworthy Government IT
- The Data Privacy Imperative: Safeguarding Sensitive Data
- Eliminating the Pitfalls: Steps to Virtualization in Government
- Federal Executive Forum
- Federal Tech Talk
- Government Cloud Brokerage: Who, What, When, Where, Why?
- Government Mobility
- Mission-critical Apps in the Cloud
- Mobile Device Management
- The Modern Federal Threat Landscape
- The Path from Legacy Systems
- Understanding the Intersection of Customer Service and Security in the Cloud
Shows & Panels
Sources: FCC chair could be new Commerce head
Tuesday - 3/8/2011, 2:20pm EST
Federal News Radio
Locke will be nominated by the president to become the new ambassador to China.
Tech industry sources and prominent Democrats close to the White House told The Hill that Genachowski is a potential successor among a list that includes U.S. Trade Representative Ron Kirk.
Genachowski's tenure as FCC chairman has been marked by passage of net neutrality legislation preventing companies who control Internet pipelines from restricting what customers do online.
The Hill reports Genachowski has been close to Obama since law school and campaigned for him in 2008. "His ties to business executives could be an asset as the administration seeks to improve relations with industry," according to the article.